The Ultimate Golden Elixir For Your Skin - 24K Kumkumadi Thailam
Beauty has been an integral part of the science of Ayurveda for years and more. There have been innumerable attempts to create one product to target multiple skin conditions, a plethora of potent herbs and oils later, Ayurveda crafted a miraculous product in ancient years. That one recipe in Ayurveda has been passed on for generations as a beauty secret is Kumkumadi Thailam. The name Kumkumadi comes from one of its major ingredients - Saffron, which is known as Kumkuma in Sanskrit. A wonderful blend of plant, flower & herb extracts, makes it a wholesome beauty product that aims towards lightening the complexion, diminishing various signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, spots etc.
Often considered as an evergreen gift from Ayurveda to every beauty buff out there, Kumkumadi Thailam is more potent than you probably believe.
Let us dive deep into this miraculous product, what makes it so, key ingredients, the benefits & usage.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL
Kumkumadi Thailan is renowned for its use in rejuvenating and renewing the skin cells, illuminating the skin and bestowing a young and healthy appearance. It’s luminescent properties set it apart from any facial oil. Formulated with a whopping 15 ingredients, this oil has cosmetic as well as therapeutic benefits for the skin. It is prescribed in Ayurveda for an illuminating complexion & healthy skin.
- SAFFRON : In India, there are tales of princesses sourcing Saffron and soaking them in cow’s milk or honey to brighten their complexion. It is no surprise that the key ingredient offers not one but multiple skin benefits. Saffron or kumkuma is believed to balance the Tridoshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) and increase body heat. For the skin, saffron is powerful for healing and regenerating. It promotes circulation, improves the appearance of scars, lightens hyperpigmentation, and reduces the appearance of under-eye circles and fatigue lines.
- HARIDRA : Widely used in every Indian household, Haridra or Turmeric is a potential spice which caters to several skincare needs and doubles as key ingredients in ubtans. It offers anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. Haridra also helps in the effective removal of blackheads, acne, eczema, chronic inflammations such as rosacea.
- LODHRA : Ayurveda lauds Lodhra for it’s multiple medicinal as well as cosmetic properties. Lodhra has Pitta-Kapha balancing properties that aid with skincare concerns like inflammation, blackheads, blemishes etc. It rejuvenates the skin and imparts a healthy glow.
- HARITAKI : Owing to it’s natural and pure properties, Haritaki is a widely popular Ayurvedic herb which flushes out the toxins from the internal layers of the skin, promotes overall skin health and treats various skin infections like acne, pimples, rashes etc. It also helps in curing minor infections & prevents growth of bacteria responsible for acne.
There are several ways this golden elixir can be used on the skin. It is safe for daily usage. Here are 2 ways you can incorporate it into your daily regimen.
- A QUICK FIX : Begin with cleansing your face as usual with a natural cleanser like the Face Brightening Daily Cleanser. On damp skin, use 2-4 drops of the oil and massage in circular motions until the oil is absorbed. Keep it on for approximately 20 to 30 minutes and wash off. You can follow up with a moisturiser.
AN OVERNIGHT TREATMENT : After cleansing and toning, use 2-4 drops of Kumkumadi Thailam and massage in circular motions until the oil is absorbed. Let it work overnight, wash off with a mild cleanser in the morning.
In conclusion, Kumkumadi Thailam is slow magic for your skin, over time, it penetrates deep into your skin and provides healthy nourishment and glow.. It is a deeply rooted sustainable beauty choice as the recipe comes from ancient Ayurvedic texts, it caters to several beauty concerns and hence is the one-stop for your skin needs. Have you tried the 24K Kumkumadi Thailam yet? Let us know in the comments below.